on September 11, 2013 - 5:24pm
Jenny Packham, when the British designer's name comes to mind I automatically think of Kate Middleton. For Spring 2014, Packham compiled an array of candy-colored looks adorned with delicate beading and crystals in the most exquisite way. It might be easier to pick out which looks the Duchess of Cambridge would least likely be able to wear. There would be very few.
Packham was inspired by the 1975 art film, Picnic at Hanging Rock by Australian film director, Peter Weir (which, by the way, I now want to watch after reading the plot lines on IMDb). The film was set in an Edwardian boarding school, and Packham skillfully fused the 1970's with austere Edwardian dressing creating a collection of easy elegant looks.
Billowy prairie like silhouettes floated down the runway with low-cut backs, pleated detailing and high necks. The collection felt a bit more casual for Packham with the vintage inspired vibe that was reflected in the loose pants and drop-waisted dresses paired with pussy-bow blouses. Nonetheless, it was still just as glamorous with signature Packham design staples like crystal-embellished gowns cinched at the waist with ribbon detailing.
The color palette was mostly made up of pastels, including baby blue, spearmint, dove grey, soft pink and dusty peach. Packham managed add some boldness to the collection with the use of chartreuse and and royal blue.
The overall collection is perfect Packham, including glittering shift dresses, floor-sweeping red carpet gowns and sexy column dresses with sheer overlays.
Models' looks were styled with blown out, very curly hair that was widely teased, ornate jewelry and carried over-sized satin clutches.
The Wrap Up:
- Trend Forecast: Pastels, Pleats, Plaid, Chartreuse.
- Colors: Soft Pink, Dove Grey, Baby Blue, Royal Blue and Rust.
- Must Have Piece: The sleeveless dove grey, column dress with gold embellished details screams Kate Middleton.
- Front Row Access: Louise Roe and Christina Hendricks.
- Celebs I can see wearing this collection: Kate Middleton, Blake Lively, Julianne Hough, Kate Winslet, Vanessa Hudgens, Helen Mirren, Dita Von Teese, Taylor Swift and Minka Kelly.
~Christy Pastore @christypastore
Image Source: Livingly Media