on September 7, 2013 - 7:45pm
Rag & Bone's Spring 2014 collection takes us back to the old school with nineties minimalism. Okay, so maybe this collection doesn't take all of you back, but these looks (completely reinvented of course) remind me of the days when I idolized Liv Tyler, Alicia Silverstone and nearly every female character's style on Beverly Hills 90210.
In a mostly monochromatic palette, light as a feather bias-cut, slip dresses in pretty pastel shades, glided down the runway. Some dresses featured a mesh overlay. Others had a loosely crinkled look.
Preppy polo's were paired with box-pleated and sexy leather skirts, and comfy varsity-style sweaters over silky skirts and slouchy pants gave the collection an athletic country club vibe. Was The Preppy Handbook on David Neville and Marcus Wainwright's summer reading list? Playing tennis and golf never looked so stylish.
Speaking of looking good, you should know that the crop-top is here to stay, at least for another season--get your abs ready. Tiny halter-neck, cropped tops with thin spaghetti straps were paired with relaxed suede judo pants that folded over at the waist. Cropped tops were also styled under overalls and under finely tailored English inspired blazers.
For the accessories lover, Rag & Bone offers plenty of items to pine for, including large cross-body hobo bags, top handle totes, ankle-wrapped sandals, sky-high flatforms and chunky wedges.
Perhaps the most buzzed about part of the collection was the hair and makeup styling, which only enhanced each look-- center-parted matted hair and barely there makeup with a bold orange lip. I am crushing on this color.
The Wrap Up:
- Trend Forecast: Slip-dresses, Ankle-wrapped Sandals, Cross-body Hobos, Pastels and Cropped Tops.
- Colors: Black, White, Bubblegum Pink, Aqua, Mint, Peach, Pale Lavender.
- Must Have Pieces: The aqua fold-over, cropped pants with the white sweater.
- Front Row Access: Scott Campbell, Lake Bell, Jessica Seinfeld, Anna Wintour and Russell Westbrook.
- Celebs who I think will be wearing this line: Miley Cyrus, Jessica Alba, Emma Watson, Blake Lively, Anna Kendrick, Rihanna and Kate Bosworth.
~Christy Pastore @christypastore
Image Source: Livingly Media