on March 26, 2012 - 3:44pm
Every fashion and style lover appreciates the trends that each season brings. Investing in those trends can sometimes prove to be quite costly for any budget. Our editors have searched the trends and scoured the deals to maximize your budget for style. We will show you how to work different key trends into your look by pairing it with classic pieces, basic staple pieces, as well as mixing with other trend pieces.
Monthly Fashion Budget: $275.00
Key Trend Piece: Florals
1. The floral corset from Topshop is a total bargain at $60.00, and it's the perfect key trend piece because of the flattering silhouette and bright colors.
2. Classic black shorts are a great staple for any wardrobe. Pair these H&M shorts with your floral print corset for a fabulous date look or night out with the girls. These pleated shorts will transition into your fall wardrobe effortlessly and will look great with leggings or tights. Shop H&M; $25.00.
3. The Halogen 3/4 length sleeve jacket will top your floral corset and black shorts for a eye-popping summer suiting look (summer suiting is a trend for spring/summer 2012). The color of the jacket is called "red clay", but it's more orange than red (remember tangerine tango is the color of 2012). The color will last you all year! Shop Nordstrom; $99.00.
4. This sleek envelope clutch from Asos (on sale for $28.65) will take you all the way through 2012. Clutches alone are a huge accessory trend for spring and summer. You cannot go wrong by adding this white clutch to your look.
5. The silhouette of your classic heel combined with the hottest color of the year (the brand says the color is red, but they are more coral than red), the Fergalicious wedge espadrille is completely fun and totally comfortable. These wedges will make your floral trend outfit stand out. Shop DSW; $39.95.
Total spent: $252.60
~Christy Pastore @christypastore