on September 8, 2013 - 5:14pm
Known for her sexy and elegant evening gowns, it's no wonder Monique Lhuillier had a bevy of Hollywood's hottest stars sitting front row for her Spring 2014 presentation. Lhuillier has proven that she is more than just gorgeous gowns and wedding dresses. The Filipino born designer's day wear speaks volumes with striking touches, such as embellished collars and the use of Chantilly lace in the most charming ways. Imagine wearing a pair of the beautiful cropped fitted pants and just over-the-knee skirts matched perfectly with a sheer sleeveless or boxy lace top to work or out to lunch with friends.
Lhuillier stuck to a mostly bold color palette including red, fuchsia and coral. However, if these poppy colors are not your forté she worked her magic with lovely neutral hues of ivory, white and soft nudes.
This collection has major details, and in case you hadn't noticed, just take note of the shimmery gowns. These stunning pieces breezed down the runway with a sultry fluidity. This perhaps is due to Lhuillier's exquisite draping skills. The cut-out lace details and sequined gold pieces on dresses were completely mesmerizing. The ombré trains of sheer chiffon and embroidered shift dresses were perfectly crafted in the most impressive and eye-catching way.
In the simplest terms--it's a very pretty collection. I have a feeling editors are clamoring to feature these looks in their upcoming spring editorials.
The Wrap Up:
- Trend Forecast: Embellished collars, Sheer overlays, Ankle-wrapped heels and Cut-outs.
- Colors: Coral, Red, Orange, Hot Pink, Fuchsia, Soft Nudes and White.
- Must Have Piece: The hot pink bandeau top paired with the voluminous orange ball skirt.
- Front Row Access: Rose McGowan, Jessica Lowndes, Perrey Reeves, Stacy Keibler, Jena Malone, Maggie Grace and Emmy Rossum.
- Celebs I see wearing this collection: Besides the entire front row? Jordana Brewster, Nina Dobrev, Emma Stone, Sophia Bush, Leslie Mann and Malin Akerman.
~Christy Pastore @christypastore
Image Source: Livingly Media