on February 7, 2013 - 5:33pm
Max and Lubrov Azria helped kick off New York Fashion week with a collection that was by far less minimalist than that of previous ones, but no less superb. BCBGMAXAZRIA's Fall 2013 RTW collection could be best described as grungy chic (minus the hideous flannel) for the edgy downtown girl. Think of this as dressed up, relaxed casual wear in the most fabulous of textures. Leather, fur and cashmere... need I say more?
The collection was inspired by a recent trip to Istanbul and the contemporary art of Phil Frost.
Vibrant mosaic prints and lazer-cut patterns were presented in a plethora of flowy looks.
Cozy cashmere sweaters layered over breezy tunics were coupled with slouchy pants. Long fur vest coats and roomy leather jackets gave the collection a tough luxe appeal.
Accessories consisted of adorable cashmere beanies, leather leg warmers, pointed heels and over-sized tablet clutches. Can we all just go buy some fur and beanies asap? This collection is just as tough as it feminine and will have fashionista's clamoring for these cool girl pieces.
The Wrap Up:
- Trend Forecast: Leather, fur, sheer details and beanies.
- Colors: Black, white, blue, gray, oxblood and emerald.
- Must Have Piece: The navy blue, mid-length printed jacket with the fur hoodie.
- Front Row Access: Sami Gayle, Krysta Rodriguez, Jessica Hart and Julie Henderson.
- Celebs who I think will be wearing this collection: Kate Beckinsale, she loves a knit beanie. Sophia Bush, maybe not the fur, unless its faux. Naya Rivera, Amber Rose, Cameron Diaz, Lauren Conrad, Mischa Barton, Shenae Grimes and Jennifer Lopez.
View more photos from this collection on my NYC Fashion Week Fall 2013 Pinterest board. Love BCBGMAXAZRIA? Shop the collection here.
~Christy Pastore @christypastore
Image Source: IMAXtree, Style.com